Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to your secret weapon in green cleaning. Not only does white vinegar cost next to nothing to use, it’s extremely effective at cleaning many surfaces around your home! Today we are going to cover just a few of these uses so we can start saving you money and keep you away from harsh chemicals!
First on the list is the simplest and most effective use of vinegar we have found to date: Glass Cleaner!
Pro Tip: Always label all your bottles to clearly state what is inside and at what ratio to prevent dangerous cross contamination and waste!
Homemade Glass Cleaner Recipe:
1. Mix 50% Vinegar and 50% Tap water in a generic spray bottle that is labeled.
2. To take it over the top, add one or two drops of your favorite essential oil and shake well to help mask vinegar odor.
3. Use as you would any other glass cleaner! This all natural product will leave your glass simply glowing. We recommend use of a microfiber towel to minimize and lint left behind.
Next on the list, another favorite use of ours: Dishwasher Cleaner!
Stop spending money on dishwasher cleaner tabs that do exactly the same thing, with this simple 2 step process, your dishwasher will be looking brand new in the time it takes to run cycle!
To Clean Dishwasher:
1. Place 2 cups vinegar in a 4 cup measuring cup or bowl or similar size. Set cup or bowl face up in an empty dishwasher.
2. Run the dishwasher on the longest, hottest cycle possible and do not interrupt the wash! For extra buildup, repeat from 1.
3. Enjoy your spot-free dishwasher!
Our 3rd and final trick for today: Cleaning your washing machine!
Does your washing machine have a musty smell? This is from bacteria, mold, and mildew feasting on built up soap scum inside the machine most often where you can’t see it. It also means your clothes aren’t really coming clean… gross! Use this simple trick to bring your washing machine back to it’s brand new self!
To Clean Washing Machine:
1. Start with exterior using our glass cleaner from earlier, wipe down all sides of machine. While you are back there this is the perfect time to check for any small leaks or issues with the water supply. These creep up slowly and can quickly become an insurance nightmare!
2. Pour two cups of white vinegar into the machine. Run the fullest water setting, hottest, longest cycles possible with NO CLOTHES.
3. Use short extra rinse if necessary to remove vinegar smell if still present.
4. Enjoy fresher, better smelling, truly clean clothes!
We have dozens of other secrets, inlcuding our post here about getting that dirty grout back to it’s original color. Stay tuned for even more amazing uses around the home!
Comments are closed.